I'm giving wine making a try.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the site
when I started, I knew nothing
all of my success has been do to this site and expert guidance
got a problem or have a question…answer CAN be found here
have a large day
Lee

Let us know what kind of wine you were thinking of making, ie. grape, fruit, kits, etc. We can point you in the right direction.
Get your basic equipment and additives, a list is posted here somewhere. If someone has a link to it, post it (thank you).

When I started, I did those 100% fruit juices, from the grocery store. I did 1 gallon batches to start, I just wanted to get the process down, and make my mistakes on a smaller scale, but I found out that it is not difficult, and the wine/process is very forgiving. The only thing that is not, is sanitation! Everything that touches the wine must be sanitized with a solution beforehand. Links to that are here as well.

The good thing about making fruit wines, is that they are 'early drinkers'. The first few wines you make will go quickly!
Eventually you WILL have enough 'going' to keep up with demand (hopefully).

I have 3 - 5 gallon reds (various) going, a 5 gallon Chardonnay, and 2 - 3 gallon fruit wines going.

Oh yeah, I didn't time it right. I have to BUY wine!

Ooo! Forgot about the 3 bottles of Chardonnay! Yeah, not going to last me, so . . .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back