I'm back

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
In case anyone missed me the past week or so, like it or not I'm back. Saddly my 96 year young dad passed away last Monday after a short and rapid decline. He loved my wine especially a Montepulciano that I named after his mother, Rosa. Dad and I finished the last bottle of my 2010 Vin Rosa Tortorici together only two months ago. I would have dinner with my mom (92) and dad every Wednesday and most Sundays. I often bring a bottle of my wine and dad would always ask "is this moma's wine"? It was quite good but now, like dad, a sweet memory.

Last edited:
Tony, you have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your Father. I am sure that you have wonderful memories of the time you spent together and I am certain that he was proud of your wine making skill.

When you say that you went to the house on Wednesdays and Sundays, were they by any chance "pasta" days? Those two days were always pasta for diner in my family.

Tony,

When you say that you went to the house on Wednesdays and Sundays, were they by any chance "pasta" days? Those two days were always pasta for diner in my family.

Believe it or not my mom fixed some kind of pasta almost every day when we were growing up but she really didnt care too much for it. So for the past five years or so my siblings and I rotate taking them daily meals and we try to avoid too much pasta knowing she didnt prefer pasta. Mabye because she cooked so much of it. Thanks for the kind comments.

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your dad........ it was harder to lose my dad than my mom guess because I didn't have as much time with him as mom

Tony, sorry for your loss and what a wonderful age to live to and by the sounds of it, in his home and not a nursing home?

sorry for your loss tony, but are truly blessed to have had your father around as long as you have....i know i am blessed as well, knowing that at almost 42 years old, i still have one grandmother left as well....hold onto the memories of sharing dinner and your wine with him....

Tony, sorry for your loss and what a wonderful age to live to and by the sounds of it, in his home and not a nursing home?

Thanks and yes my parents have 24hour care at home. We are very fortunate in that. My 4 siblings and I prepare their meals and between the 5 of us someone is in and out several times a day.

So very sorry for your loss Tony. May we all be so lucky to live till 96 and then when its finally our time to go we go surrounded by loved ones.

Thoughts and prayers are with and your family.

Welcome back! So sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you have some great memories of your Father which will last forever. I was lucky enough to have my Grandmother with me until a few weeks before her 97th birthday. I was glad I had so much extra time with her.

Thanks everyone. Y'all are a special bunch. Hope everyone is safe from storm.

Sorry for your loss, you have some great memories and they will be with you forever.

Latest posts

Back