WineXpert I'm back after 2 years

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
Hello again folks. I took a 2 year hiatus because 1) I had a huge stockpile of wi e bottled. 2) I became frustrated with what I perceived as a drastic decline in wine kit quality, they all started tasting the same regardless of varietal. 3) I was planning a move to be nearer our kids and grandkids.

Now I'm settled, have consumed a good bit of the overstock and ready to jump back in.

I need suggestions for good high quality red wine kits. I still have all of my equipment. We only drink red and price of kit is no object. In the past I bought WineExpert and Mosti. I loved Celler Craft till W.E. took them.

I also could use suggestions for on line sellers. Thanks.
Tony

Hello again folks. I took a 2 year hiatus because 1) I had a huge stockpile of wi e bottled. 2) I became frustrated with what I perceived as a drastic decline in wine kit quality, they all started tasting the same regardless of varietal. 3) I was planning a move to be nearer our kids and grandkids.

Now I'm settled, have consumed a good bit of the overstock and ready to jump back in.

I need suggestions for good high quality red wine kits. I still have all of my equipment. We only drink red and price of kit is no object. In the past I bought WineExpert and Mosti. I loved Celler Craft till W.E. took them.

I also could use suggestions for on line sellers. Thanks.
Tony

Welcome back Tony! Are you now in/near Redmond, WA? If so your in an area with lots of fresh grapes that you may want to think about.

Quite a bit has changed in the Wine Kit industry since you have been away. Lots of folks are quite impressed with the quality of wines coming out of a new manufacturer.

Take a look at the Finer Wine Kit threads.

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/finer-wine-kits.73361/

Hi Tony. Welcome back.

@crushday suggestion for making from fresh grapes would be best. If you don't live close to a source for fresh, I've had good luck with frozen grape must. Grapesforwine is where I ordered from as they were in my price range.

As far as kits go, the high end kits from WineXpert and RJS's EN Primeur line are quite good. Aging longer than a year helps a lot, as well. For example, I had a high end cab
Sauvignon that didn't taste right until the 2 year mark.

Keep us posted. We'll be interested to see what you decide.

Hey, Tony. Good to see you back on the forum. Where did you move to from Texas?

As Mike stated above, I recommend the reds (not the whites) from Finer Wine Kits. I also recommend purchasing double grape packs with the kits. I believe they come the closest to wines we made from grapes and are more consistent than depending on year to year vintages of fresh grapes. Of course, they are also a lot less work than fresh grapes.

Hay Tony welcome back with us old wine,o's if the price is no object, then stick with any of the wine kits there about all the same, the product is what you're going to make a tweak here and there to make it your own and your home.
You can take an everyday wine kit and make it just fine or you can take a high-end kit and make it even better.
YOU KNOW THE GAME, check out tweaking cheap wine kits. (other)
WELCOME BACK

Welcome back Tony! Are you now in/near Redmond, WA? If so your in an area with lots of fresh grapes that you may want to think about.

Quite a bit has changed in the Wine Kit industry since you have been away. Lots of folks are quite impressed with the quality of wines coming out of a new manufacturer.

"Lots of folks are quite impressed with the quality of wines coming out of a new manufacturer." What new manufacturer and where to get?
Thanks

Oh thanks I see Finer Wine Kits.

Hey, Tony. Good to see you back on the forum. Where did you move to from Texas?

As Mike stated above, I recommend the reds (not the whites) from Finer Wine Kits. I also recommend purchasing double grape packs with the kits. I believe they come the closest to wines we made from grapes and are more consistent than depending on year to year vintages of fresh grapes. Of course, they are also a lot less work than fresh grapes.
Moved 90 miles from Beaumont Texas to Cypress (far north west Houston)

Latest posts

Back