if weather allows

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fall is a busy time. Have to get things buttoned up for winter. Hope to get a couple more days in fishing then winterize the boat and the trailer. Get the garden ready so next spring will be time to retill and plant. Time to get firewood in, that will take a few days. Probably have to help the kids on the farm this year. They are having a bit of surgery this fall and going to be a hand short. I show up and they will be 3/4 of a hand short, but can maybe help a bit. Just a little frost this morning, guess it proves winter is coming. Arne.

time to cut a couple ricks of white oak tomorrow, got several racks of pork ribs, all waiting for their turn to be smoked,
i fell the tree 3 months ago,,, so its seasoned about right for the smoker. got another baby mule little sorrel molly mule,
Dawg

Mmmmm-MMMM! I like to smoke meats when it is cool out, too. I am in the middle of calving out the herd, so smoking meat is delayed now. I would love to get another butt or two in the freezer before winter, though.

I have a wild cherry tree that needs to come down, danged roots keep invading my septic fields, and that is some good smoking wood too. Makes me hungry just thinking about it. :D

Glad to hear about the mule. I enjoyed seeing your pix of your mules.

Back