IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
I was going through my Winemaker Mag (online) and there were some folks with some great ideas and here they are:

20100907_192444_crusher_destemm.jpg

This fella has a crusher mounted on asmall bin in the back of his truck. Drives down through the rows and picks and crushes. I'm thinking about a 1/2 ton bin with the crusher/destemmer mounted on top. Add a small generator and if you have fairly level ground - drive through the rows - pick/crush and destem right out the back of the truck back into the rows. You are probably going to cultivate/disc back into the ground anyway. Then drive to your fermentation area and unload with a forklift/tractor and do it again. i'm gonna think on this one!!! Has some great potential since we live 16 miles from our crushpad!!

Next - make barrel racks from 'furniture movers' that you can get from Harbor Freight cheap. Looks to have made 'wedges' (not wedgies) to keep in place.

20100907_195018_barrel.jpg

and a'pump' to move liquid around

20100907_195147_pump.jpg

looks to have a on/off switch and areostat (dimmerswitch) for speed control on the pump.

good ideas - hope someone will get some use.

rrawhide

The furniture movers look like a great idea.
smiley20.gif

I would be afraid of the reostat on an unknown motor. I work with motors every day and that is one of the best ways to blowa motor that is not madeforreduced power.

Back