Ideas about using Alexanders Sun Country Reisling concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
In doing research, I have seen several people say they had success with Alexanders Riesling concentrate so I purchased two cans. Now I think I need to either order one more can or maybe use another fruit in conjunction with the concentrate.

I have used their cab concentrate once before along with some blackberry jam and it was some of the best wine I have made. I am thinking of using the same recipe but using the riesling along with a jam (or maybe preserves).

I have also read people using apricots with the riesling and had good luck. I cannot find reasonably priced apricot jam. Can I use apricot preserves instead. I am concerned about a large volume of lees with the preserves.

If not apricot, what other fruit jams or preserves would compliment riesling. As an aside, I have gone two and a half years without making wine so I have to relearn a bunch. I have two batches going now. I have pitched the yeast in one ( Cab and blackberry) and will do so on the other (Daves Dragon Blood) today. It is great smelling the fermentating juice. Going to make a batch of En Premier Merlot today. That kit is quite old so I am hoping it will be ok.

I feel at home in my new winery now.

I often do a peach Riesling and it is quite pleasant, I do fresh fruit in with a low end Riesling kit. Make sure to use pectic enzyme or it will never clear.

I have wanted to try Green apple as well but have not gotten around to it yet I think it would also be nice.

Thanks, how much fruit do you use. I am thinking of using polaners peach spreadable fruit.

Last edited:
i got the Riesling concentrate today and 8 jars of polaners apricot fruit only spread. I was going to use 10 jars but shipping (walmart) claimed two. I will just use the eight. Actually, the more I think about it, I may pair it down to half that for a subtle flavor. Anyhow, I will post the recipe, kinda copying a blackberry, cabernet recipe I got from Longtrain.

Latest posts

Back