Idea for filling head space

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like where this is going. For me I'd probably fill the ziplock with an inexpensive similar wine as opposed to water, just in case.

Cim, I was thinking of double bagging also....how can this not be the best idea of the month? I have been testing it with some skeeter pee, I pulled out about a half of gallon......to drink and just keep filling the bag with water.

Cim, I was thinking of double bagging also....how can this not be the best idea of the month? I have been testing it with some skeeter pee, I pulled out about a half of gallon......to drink and just keep filling the bag with water.

Rob
In case the bag decides to spring a leak or something - you just contaminated or diluted your entire batch of wine. Why not add argon to it instead - so just in case there is a problem - there is no harm done to the wine.

If you are planning on putting wine in the ziploc bag - why not top off the carboy with it instead ?

Steve,

I like the idea of gas in the bag, however I feel pretty good about a double bag and water!

Latest posts

Back