ID This Grape

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
A friend of mine in the Tampa, FL area has this growing in his recently acquired yard. Other than being told it is a 'legitimate white grape vine', he doesn't have any other info. Any ideas on what it is? Maybe @grapeman has seen this. TIA

grapes.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, it looks like a grape to me! Sorry but that is about all I can say about it. So many people want an ID on a grape variety which is one out of thousands of kinds. Just not enough information to even make a WAG

A friend of mine in the Tampa, FL area has this growing in his recently acquired yard. Other than being told it is a 'legitimate white grape vine', he doesn't have any other info. Any ideas on what it is? Maybe @grapeman has seen this. TIA

If it's a well established vine in Tampa, you can rule out any of the vinfera grapes, it'd probably be dead from Pierce's disease if it were. It's growing in bunches, which I think would rule out the muscadine family (I think). Later, he'll be able to figure out if it's a red or green grape, that'll narrow further. Maybe you don't know exactly what it is, but that's a whole lot of what it's not.......

Latest posts

Back