Icewine ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineomaker

Reaction score
I am making my first batch of Ice wine, Ken Ridge Classic Icevine, when i went to add the sweet reserve pack I noticed i had to much wine in the carboy so i removed about a half gallon of wine and then added the sweet reserve pack k-meta and sorbate to the carboy and toped off. What can i do with the 1/2 gallon of wine left over SG is .990 and did not add any k-meta or sorbate right now i put it in bottles and corked them.

I would save this for topping off later once you have racked off the fining agent used to clear the wine in your carboy. Since its dry wine and youve already added the stabilizers to your bigger part there is no problem adding this later once you do rack it. You will need this when racking next.

Thanks Wade, since this is my first ice wine (WHITE) kit after I added the reserve pack it turned an dark color like an amber color just curious if this is normal color with ice wine, or if it gets a lighter color, Thanks Again

Ice wines are usually an amberish color bu it will clear some as it needs to clear now unless you have already cleared it also?

Did the kit come with the grapes or did you have to freeze some ? I'd like to try but dont see any recipes.

Did the kit come with the grapes or did you have to freeze some ? I'd like to try but dont see any recipes.
It's a standard kit but comes with some extra additives. Requires a 3 US gallon carboy. Have you made a kit before?

Steve

I am making my first batch of Ice wine, Ken Ridge Classic Icevine, when i went to add the sweet reserve pack I noticed i had to much wine in the carboy so i removed about a half gallon of wine and then added the sweet reserve pack k-meta and sorbate to the carboy and toped off. What can i do with the 1/2 gallon of wine left over SG is .990 and did not add any k-meta or sorbate right now i put it in bottles and corked them.
Did you top off with the reserve that you removed? Wade is correct that it could be added to top up if you rack again.

Steve

No I dont like using kits ,I prefer to experiment on my own.. I'd just screw things up trying to follow directions on a kit.

Should he add some sulphite to that half gallon? It might be around for awhile before its all used up topping off his carboy.

Should he add some sulphite to that half gallon? It might be around for awhile before its all used up topping off his carboy.
That's probably a good idea, but don't ask ME how much. I think this is still a 4 week kit, so there's only about 10 days left, unless wineomaker plans to age it a while.

Steve

That's probably a good idea, but don't ask ME how much. I think this is still a 4 week kit, so there's only about 10 days left, unless wineomaker plans to age it a while.

Steve

No I didn't add the sulfates, I have 2 750ml bottles left over that i was planning on using for topping off, do you think they will be ok without

Latest posts

Back