I was so excited last night, I couldn't sleep!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
Went out for dinner last night. It was my oldest daughter's 29 BD. One of my younger daughter's friends from work came along for the fun.
She is the one my daughter said had a brother that had a equipment kit he wasn't using and would let me have it.
Last night she said they hadn't forgotten, just hadn't had time to go get it for me.
She said there is even a lot of used bottles, and even a high dollar corker! That she said we'ld have to work a deal out on!
Gawd, I'm like a kid at christmas.. How long is this going to take?

Sounds great, just pay them off with bottles of wine and your good to go. It isn't that hard to fond stuff. Look on Craigslist if you have a local site. You will find stuff all the time. It will normally be way over priced. Shoot the poster an offer and normally they will take it just to get rid of it. Also post a "Looking For Equipment" post and you might be surprised what response you will get.

I even feel like a kid at Christmas when we visit brouwland
each year At whitsun.
Brouwland is a large Home Winemaking store and each year I buy there a lot of stuff like acid, pectic enzyme, yeast etc etc etc.

And even though I buy the stuff, every time i get home with new material and ingredients it feels like Christmas.

Luc

Xmas in wine land

Yes to a true wine maker any visit to anything related to making or the purchase of wine equipment of any type is xmas....................:)

Man and I thought I was the only one acting like a kid when some one shows up with bottles or equipment!! Now we get Christmas several times a year ...hurray.

I've got one brother that has developed a taste for wine, much to the dismay of his wife. :h
I have asked him to start saving me the empties. Went to his house yesterday and picked up 18!!
I sure do wish I could get his wife to start drinking!! :)

And how long did it take for your brother to drink 18?
Ask everyone you know to save wine bottles. You would be surprised how many you can get this way..

i've got one brother that has developed a taste for wine, much to the dismay of his wife. :h
i have asked him to start saving me the empties. Went to his house yesterday and picked up 18!!
i sure do wish i could get his wife to start drinking!! :)
lmfao !!:)

over the years we have emassed probably 600 or more bottles. we now don't ask for anymore. we have just made the first batch of wine this year since we moved.

He averages a bottle a day, much to his wife's dismay! And to my great forutune, he usually drinks two different wines so my bottles are the same for each wine. One is light amber and the other dark green.

Sweet, now to get him to try some Chardoneys so you can have a supply of those for any whites you make.

Well 30 bottles a month = 1 more 6 gallon batch you can make.

Latest posts

Back