WineXpert I want to add cranberry flavor

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowman

Junior
Reaction score
I've made quite a few kits from red to white all with great results. Wife likes the red and I like the Rieslings. I'd like to try adding a cranberry flavoring I bought at a wine store to a white mix. Can anyone suggest a mix best to use or if anyone has tried this?

There's a Cranberry Blush wine made by Wohlershiem(spelling?) Winery in Wisconsin that I'd like to try to duplicate.

I would try in very small scale as those flavorings are typically pretty nasty and fake tasting. I suggest you just making cranberry wine from fresh or frozen cranberries or from a Vintners Harvest Wine Base can, those work very well, Ive made them and that 1 is very good but the Black Currant is the best!

Wade, could you use a frozen cranberry concentrate juice, and without diluting it, reduce it down a bit to impart a little of the flavor of the cranberry?

Yes, thats actually what I do to make an F-pac if no fruit is available.

Maybe I AM paying attention!:b, I was gonna ask something similar at topping off time, but will save that for a new thread. I thought I remebered someone saying to do it that way.

Great idea guys. I'll try making my own F-pac with cranberry. I've had great luck with Mueller Thergou mixes. Any suggestions of others of this type to try it with?

I'm leary of making a batch from scratch yet. The recipes I've read show this taking a lot longer than I have patience for. I need to do it someday to get practise for when my small grape arbor produces.

Back