I think i found a cheap alt to nutrient packs.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
Ladies and gents, i believe i have come across a cheap alternative to nutrient that you have to drive to the wine supply store to buy.http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3687530

This supplement has loads of nutrients, b vitamens, and other goodies that yeasties love. Plus it fizzes and disolves easily in a liquid. plus it is CHEAP and available to nearly everyone even us guys who live in the boonies.

So yea, it has all sorts of nutrients in it and as far as i can tell it dont have any perservatives in it.. so shouldnt this be a good thing? Is thier anything in here that you see that would severly hinder fermentation?

Not sure that the cherry-pomegranate flavour works well with all wines. It contains "500 mg Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Minerals,Choline & More". Most yeast nutrient that I have seen is heavy on DAP (dibasic ammonium phosphate), in fact some is totally DAP. Yeast energizer seems to vary a lot but usually contains Vit B, and often contains DAP.

This Emergen-C product (which my wife likes) doesn't look like it contains any DAP, so I would not use it as a replacement for Yeast Nutrient.

Steve

Latest posts

Back