I scored- thanks to midwestwine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjo

Reaction score
I went to the garage sale midwestwine posted from craigs list minneapolis. I search almost daily for stuff on craigs list but somehow my keywords never picked up the listing.
I got there about an 1 1/2 after they opened, the first thing I found was a 9 gallon primary with lid for $1. I didn't let that sit to long, most all other brewing stuff was gone. He pulled out a 3 gallon better bottle and said that is what was left for carboys. Took that for $3. He asked if I was interested in any wine kits, my answer, maybe. He had 2 kits in his basement he just decided to sell. Wine Expert Limited edition Italian Brunello and Australian Petit Verdot. $25 each. Mine now.
Back outside I was able to find a hydrometer, stainless steel racking cane, Box of new 1 liter plastic bottles with a bag of new screw caps, couple bungs, carpenters square and box of concrete anchors with drill bits.

Grand total, he says 55 bucks will cover it. :r:r:r
Gotta love Craigslist.
I suppose mat is going to want some kind of finders fee.:dg

That is awesome. I need some people in New York to start getting out of the hobby.

Nice score!. What was the key words you missed?

I would search "wine making" "wine supplies" "carboy". I need to add "carboys" "brewer" "brewing"
Scott

Here's a neat Craig's List trick...

to search for all those at once... try this to cut and paste into search

wine making|wine supplies|carboy|carboys|brewer|brewing

Regarding Craigslist, is there a way to search multiple cities at a time? If I want to cover an area within 100 miles of me I have to switch through 5 different locations.
Scott

Latest posts

Back