Quantcast

I need to change my account name

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

DCTWinemaker

Reaction score
I was notified by another member that my account name is very similar to his and he's been on the forum for quite some time.

Does anyone know who I would contact to change my account name or do I have to close this account and start all over again?

Thanks for any help you can render.

Johnd

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I was notified by another member that my account name is very similar to his and he's been on the forum for quite some time.

Does anyone know who I would contact to change my account name or do I have to close this account and start all over again?

Thanks for any help you can render.
Wait here for @TxBrew

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please let me know what name you would like to change to and I'll change it for you.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It worked. Remember to use it when you log in.

1d10t

stewbum
Reaction score
Maybe not. It looks like it is too long. Not a big deal but could cause some confusion when summoning using the @ symbol in responses.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not too long. Fits the space over the avatar, and as to using the @ all you need to type is the first few letters and the name block pops up for you to click on so you don't have to type it all.

1d10t

stewbum
Reaction score
It's not too long. Fits the space over the avatar, and as to using the @ all you need to type is the first few letters and the name block pops up for you to click on so you don't have to type it all.
This is what I see. Do other's see this as all one line?
upload_2019-10-1_15-37-29.png

Ajmassa

just a guy
Reaction score
@TxBrew If there was a way for people to change their account username - I would definitely utilize it. Cannot stand having a bunch of numbers attached to my name.
So if that ever is suggested as an potential option when doing site updates— Id fully support [emoji1303]

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
@TxBrew If there was a way for people to change their account username - I would definitely utilize it. Cannot stand having a bunch of numbers attached to my name.
So if that ever is suggested as an potential option when doing site updates— Id fully support [emoji1303]
So you plan on changing your name, are you planning on being another CK55? Or whatever his name was.

Ajmassa

just a guy
Reaction score
So you plan on changing your name, are you planning on being another CK55? Or whatever his name was.
You mean the greatest winemaker of this generation? Lol. I could never disrespect greatness such as that lol
Na I just did not realize we are married to these usernames once created. A bunch of numbers just annoying to have. And anonymity is out the window. Name & birthdate? Might as well have used my social security #! Lol

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the two who's name I have just changed, please remember to use the new version when you log in.

Latest posts