I need help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kivanc

Reaction score
Last edited:
It def. can produce mold and fungus. Did you sulfite after it finished? How long has it been since it completed fermentation?

Lack of sufficient sulfit can definitely beafactor. So can other things. Were these bottled and corked using sterile equipment? How much "headspace" was in the bottle? You said bottle. So I am assuming this was maybe a one gallon batch.

I hope so. 5 gallonsis a lot to have a problem with>

It sounds to me, and I'm not the expert here, like, it most certainly has something to do with lack of sterilization, and most likely, lack of sulfites after it was finished as Darren mentioned.

Lets see if we can find you an answer so you dont have this problem ever again.

Hang in there don't drink it! Ah hell, drink it!! No just kidding. Don' drink it just yet.

Last edited:
It may be just settleing. How about a picture. Is it under airlock with water in the lock?

I didn't sulfite it. It has been 1 year.

I use the bottle for the first time and it is about 1 litter. The "headspace" is 6-7 cm.

Here is the pictures:

Görüntü061000.jpg

Görüntü063.jpg

Görüntü060.jpg

Last edited:
It could be that the wine was not as clear as you thought when you bottled. I would open and drink (taste 1st)

Tom could this be the start of a "flowers in wine" situation? Lack of proper SO2 would result in this .... right?:slp

Yea I've seen this in fruit wines I made. I was to quick to bottle that time. this is why you need a longer time aging fruit wines. Now if you have a filter that would have helped so that you would not get it.

Thats not mold thats just a wine that was not cleared properly before bottling. This is why we either use a fining agent (clarifier) or age our wine in big vessels much longer and let all that stuff fall out of suspension and then bottle it after its done so.

It could be that the wine was not as clear as you thought when you bottled. I would open and drink (taste 1st)

The taste was harsh but it is drinkable. If I could ferment this wine again I would add more sugar.

I used muslin as a strainer in order to get the stuff out. It hasn't come out well enough. How can I filter effectively?

I've learned much from the replies.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back