I Need Clarification

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTS

Reaction score
No pun intended, but gladly accepted.
I was advised by my local supply shop to bottle immediately after stabilizing and sweetening my strawberry wine. After reading numerous posts on this site, I am beginning to doubt the accuracy of those instructions. The wine in question was a one gallon batch of frozen strawberry, stabilized with 1/4 tsp of potassium sorbate and sweetened with a commercial wine conditioner.
So my question is this, could I have continued to let the wine bulk age after the addition of the conditioner, or was it better to have bottled when I did?

Thanks.

It is always better to let your wine set a little longer before bottling. I thought the instructions on sorbet was a half teaspoon per gallon. Did you add any k-meta with the sorbate? Letting the wine sit will let you observe it to make sure it does not restart a fermentation and also to clear a bit more.

Yes, I added 1 campden tablet, just forgot to include that. So how long can I let it sit before bottling?

My Strawberry is bottled in 4-6 months. Strawberry can take a while to clear. Once clearing is added wait at least 3 weeks so you can get a firm sediment then rack and wait another 3-4 weeks and rack. Repeat ...
ALSO; add another 1/4tsp of sorbate

Latest posts

Back