I need a new high end kit to start, any suggestions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggerdan17

Self Made Thousandaire
Reaction score
The wife has cut me off from buying anymore kits for a while, i,ve only bought 4 since i started a month ago :)

I did some excavating work for a neighbor today and as partial payment i,m going to get her to buy me a high end grapeskin kit(have not done one yet).What the wife doesn't know won,t hurt her, Right?

I would like some input from everyone who does these kits as to which one would be good. I am looking to do a full bodied red .

I,ve bottled a cheap WE malbec and have a stags leap on the go right now in a carboy. Also i just pitched the yeasy on a Legacy shiraz last week.

Down on my work bench waiting for an empty primary is a 12 litre grapeskin cellarcraft barbera.

What is the next kit i must do?

I doubt that anybody else will recommend a Vineco kit, so ....
Ken Ridge Founders Series Australian Cabernet Shiraz

Steve

I ended up buying an Okanagan Red Meritage, and a orchard breezin bluberry shiraz for the wife. :)

Dan:

You got lots of comments on winepress in shorter time, but not much here.

Congrats on the Meritage.

Steve

Never seen this thread before, sorry. I havnt made any other then RJS but from what I hear as I am active on many wine forums is that all brands do produce good wines at these grape skin levels! I dont believe an all juice kit can compare to a grape skin at all.

Dan:

You got lots of comments on winepress in shorter time, but not much here.

Congrats on the Meritage.

Steve

I've been trying to register on Winepress but I never receive my confirmation email. I've tried it with 2 diff email acocunts and nothing. I even tried to emial the forum admin and the email bounced - what's up with that site?

Maybe someone can share that recipe book they have on there?

I've been trying to register on Winepress but I never receive my confirmation email. I've tried it with 2 diff email acocunts and nothing. I even tried to emial the forum admin and the email bounced - what's up with that site?

Maybe someone can share that recipe book they have on there?

Thats odd , i didn,t have any trouble signing up. I wonder if you tried getting an acount with yahoomail and used that email address to sign up with.Yahoomail is free i believe.

Thats odd , i didn,t have any trouble signing up. I wonder if you tried getting an acount with yahoomail and used that email address to sign up with.Yahoomail is free i believe.

At first I tried with my email account supplied by my ISP. Then I just tried again today using a Yahoo mail account and nothing. I even tried to email the forum admin again and the email bounced, just like it did last week when I tried. Not sure what's going on.

I just tried to send the admin another email but this time I changed the subject line. It was getting rejected because of possible spam. From the Wine Press forum if you try to submit an email to him from the forum site it automatically puts Error on the forums in the subject line - we'll see what happens.

I didn't answer this thread because I don't have enough experience with kits to comment and recommend anything..

Allie

I doubt that anybody else will recommend a Vineco kit, so ....
Ken Ridge Founders Series Australian Cabernet Shiraz

Steve

I'll add Ken Ridge Founders Series Grenache / Syrah / Mourvedre blend. Absolutely awesome.

Back