I have hit the wall

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this is how my weekend went..

Friday - grocery shop, get home, wolf down some leftovers, clean kitchen, then clean all racking equipment in the winery. Got to bed around mid-night.

Saturday - Put on coffee, rack entire compliment of wine currently in the winery (this took from 7am to about 4pm). A VERY full day. Afterwards, sip wine with the guys that came to help. Continue sipping wine even after the guys have left and cook up a steak for dinner (my first and only meal that day). In bed by midnight.

Sunday - Eyes pop open around 3am and could not get back to sleep. Gave up and made some coffee. Did two loads of laundry then did a little residual cleaning from yesterday's racking. I then put on a pot of tomato sauce, then headed around 10am to the community garden to help close out a shared plot....

THEN I HIT THE WALL !

I was pulling out the garden for about 1 hour. I then felt like all of the blood had drained from my body. Just completely running on fumes! I ditched the garden, leaving my friend to pick up the slack and finish the garden work. I felt like a bum not pulling my fair share of work, but I just could not do any-more. I was not dizzy or anything like that. I was just unable to move in anything other than ultra-slow motion.

I went home and laid down for a bit. After about 45 minutes I felt a little energy return so I made up some chicken parm and then had my first and only meal while watching both of my teams lose.

I am thinking that my eating habits may account for my "out of gas" experience. I did not eat breakfast or lunch on Saturday or Sunday because I just was not hungry.

What do you guys think?

I'd say diet and lack of sleep were large contributors. Hope you're back to normal.

You did ask... I think you should talk to your Doctor. Maybe, even though you're feeling better, getting an exam and blood work done would be the smarter thing to do vs. doing nothing.

On most weekends I'm famous for forgetting to fuel up myself, fortunately my wife is good at reminding me to put at least something in the tank before getting going. I'd bet it was just your body running on empty.
Mike

My usual recommendation is to drink heavily, however, that may not be an appropriate remedy for your particular malady.

Seems to work pretty well for me!

Hope you are feeling fine.

I think the 3 hours of sleep on Sunday morning probably did you in, especially at your age (yuk, yuk, yuk...). If I imbibe too much the day before I tend not to sleep well and it can make the next day a living heck, and I'm only newly 55. So drink some non-alcoholic beverages (a.k.a. water) and get to bed early tonight. You'll feel great tomorrow. If not, I side with @bkisel , do see your doctor if you haven't in the last year and get some blood work done. Maybe your iron levels are low (I have a co-worker who has been fighting that for years, it can really wear him out at times).

I know this is a little late in this post but I've just gotten back on.
John my hubby has type 2 diabetes and has the exact same symptoms as you discribed when he misses meals.When young we can get by with 1 meal a day.As we age our body needs it broken up throughout the day to break it up in us. You don't need to have diabetes to have your body crash.Always try to fuel your body at least every 3-4 hours in the day.And please see a doctor!

Latest posts

Back