I give up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think Brix is going up, cluster stems turning dark and hard, seeds are brown......... Picking.

Picked the best grapes. 143 pounds of Carmenere. Must be the best, the birds are going after them!

Tomorrow Cabs, then Merlot. Not sure about Syrah, not much to pick. Probably be a blend depending on how many Cabs I get and if it's enough to do alone.

Don't think Brix is going up, cluster stems turning dark and hard, seeds are brown......... Picking.

Picked the best grapes. 143 pounds of Carmenere. Must be the best, the birds are going after them!

Tomorrow Cabs, then Merlot. Not sure about Syrah, not much to pick. Probably be a blend depending on how many Cabs I get and if it's enough to do alone.

Curious where you are?

I'm in SE, WA state.

Weather forecast for next week 20's or lower every night. Not getting much, if any, above freezing daytime. Probably put an end to everything!

If you are near Walla Walla/Yakima, one of our favorite wine trips was there. Sounds cold now! You got some nice harvest in so I wish you the best having wine to drink.

Had more Cabs than I thought, about 55 lbs. Syrah only 23 lbs and Merlot 35 lbs. But I must have left over a 100 lbs hanging. Just too green. Brix in the 10 range. What I did pick was only Brix 17.

It's snowing today, 37 degrees.
You working grapes that can’t ripen in our climate? I’m up in Arlington and wouldn’t touch those varieties, just grow PN and those only hit 20 brix this year, harvested a week before Halloween before the rains came.

Back