I found a new way to get free bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glassgallonmilk.jpg

also on ebay:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=1+...per&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

I remember the milk and actually I can still get some just like that right around the corner still but they always had a tin foil wrap top on them here and still do. My dad still has the container that used to go out on the porch. I also remember The Charles Chips cans!

I remember the milk and actually I can still get some just like that right around the corner still but they always had a tin foil wrap top on them here and still do. My dad still has the container that used to go out on the porch. I also remember The Charles Chips cans!

Charles Chips ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes the milk and orange juice had foil wrap.

Troy, why stop at gallon jugs to cork, why not cork 5 gallon carboys?:h

There is a wine tasting coming up at a local bar, happens I know the owner, so for a $20 ticket, not only do I get to sample some nice wines, and he said I can have all the empties! Last one the went through 8 cases. 8 cases may not seem like alot for a wine tasting, but hey, this is Fairbanks.

Great idea. You could also write wine bottling companies and ask for samples.

I'll have to check out our local winery and see if they will save bottles for me. I'm pretty sure there is a Legality issue with a winery reusing bottles, but I could be wrong.
All I know is that between black berry and strawberry, I'm going to need some bottles in about 6 months.

The wineries is where I get all my bottles. I pay $2 a case for them. I usually can get anywhere's from 4-30 cases at a time. If you ever have a wine fest in your area that is the time to stock up on as many as you can possibly store. If you stick with one winery don't forget to bring them a bottle or two when you stop in.

My sister knows the bar tender at TGI Friday's in St. Louis - so she gets all the empty bottles from them.

Right now i have about 200 bottles - and still getting them in!!!

guess thats one lucky thnig about living in NC soooo many wineries I know of 4 or 5 close by you can get loads of bottles for nothing just gotta ask them to save and promptly pick up or you have to get them from recycle bin cause thats where they'll be if you don't show. Got alot of the 375 Bellissima bottles cool blues and greens make nice gifts and don't gotta use as much of the precious LOL

Last edited:
My buddy lives out there and sent me a few cases of those. You are one lucky SOB to be able to get those for free as those are like the most expensive bottles out there and they stack really nice! Good for you!

... Got alot of the 375 Bellissima bottles cool blues and greens make nice gifts ...

The 375's are quite expensive to buy around here. In the past I've bought two cases (24 ea) and accumulated some more, have about 75 now. Those are reserved for my own use, almost never given away. Since my wife rarely drinks wine, I bottle my own favorites in 375's -- two nice glasses of wine and nothing left over.

Latest posts

Back