I did a bonehead thing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreginND

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I'm posting in the beginners forum. Because, apparently, I am just a beginner. Not to speak ill of any beginners. You are all awesome. Keep on making wine and asking questions.

Just don't do what I did.

Three months ago, in my rush to bottle, I forgot to add the sorbate to my sweet red wine. Last weekend I had to uncork 720 bottles of wine and dump it back into the tank.

:slp

Yes, I'm posting in the beginners forum. Because, apparently, I am just a beginner. Not to speak ill of any beginners. You are all awesome. Keep on making wine and asking questions.

Three months ago, in my rush to bottle, I forgot to add the sorbate to my sweet red wine. Last weekend I had to uncork 720 bottles of wine and dump it back into the tank.

Oh, man. I'm sorry! Wish I lived close enough to drop in and help!

I have made 2 wines that I sorbated twice. I had it documented and overlooked the entry in my records. Now I circle the entry in my records. So far I haven't neglected to sorbate a sweet wine.

homer-doh.png

How did you realize you didn't add sorbate? and especially since it was 3 months ago?

As my Norwegian grandfather would say Uff-Da. I guess we all learn by mistake and hopefully by others mistakes too.

Latest posts

Back