I did a bonehead thing

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

GreginND

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I'm posting in the beginners forum. Because, apparently, I am just a beginner. Not to speak ill of any beginners. You are all awesome. Keep on making wine and asking questions.

Just don't do what I did.

Three months ago, in my rush to bottle, I forgot to add the sorbate to my sweet red wine. Last weekend I had to uncork 720 bottles of wine and dump it back into the tank.

:slp

Ron0126

30 batches my first year, still learning
Reaction score
Yes, I'm posting in the beginners forum. Because, apparently, I am just a beginner. Not to speak ill of any beginners. You are all awesome. Keep on making wine and asking questions.

Three months ago, in my rush to bottle, I forgot to add the sorbate to my sweet red wine. Last weekend I had to uncork 720 bottles of wine and dump it back into the tank.

Oh, man. I'm sorry! Wish I lived close enough to drop in and help!

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
I liked your post, not because I "like" your predicament, but just in solidarity. 720 bottles -- that sux! On the plus side, at least you remembered! That says something!

garymc

Reaction score
I have made 2 wines that I sorbated twice. I had it documented and overlooked the entry in my records. Now I circle the entry in my records. So far I haven't neglected to sorbate a sweet wine.

FTC Wines

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
We have all had bottle bombs. Ours was a Peach that was in the wine rack built into Dining Room Hutch. Blew over furniture & huge puddle on oak floor. Roy

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol, so this explains the FB post!

wineforfun

Still Trying To Make The Perfect Wine and Now Tryi
Reaction score

How did you realize you didn't add sorbate? and especially since it was 3 months ago?

BlueStimulator

Reaction score
As my Norwegian grandfather would say Uff-Da. I guess we all learn by mistake and hopefully by others mistakes too.

Latest posts