I am a turkey junky.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our turkey has been molested with butter. As long as there is no fire, I'll try to get a pic when it comes out of the oven later today.

Mine will be going on the Pit Boss K24 Kamado later this morning after a citrus/apple cider vinegar/herbed brining overnight. I plan on making up a basting solution of achiote paste and butter as well as some orange peel zest to boot on the bird. I will be using a pan in order to catch the drippings for gravy.............

Film at Eleven. :db

Hello. My name is John and I am a turk-a-holic......

Seriously. Nothing says "YUMMY" more than an unmolested turkey straight out of the oven.

Why not post a pic here???? I bet you guys have beauts!

I guess that this is my way of asking you folks to "flip me the bird". :)

Best thing about today, at least at our local Giant, is that the fresh turkeys are all on sale (frozen ones back up to original price). I got two hotel cut breasts for $.99 a lb. The larger 20 lb whole turkeys were $.49 per lb, might have to pick up one tomorrow morning, I think there is some room in the freezer. $10 for a 20 lb turkey is hard to beat, plus it's fresh and from the chain's "natural" product line (Nature's Promise I think it's called).

Latest posts

Back