Quantcast

I am a turkey junky.

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

JohnT

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello. My name is John and I am a turk-a-holic......

Seriously. Nothing says "YUMMY" more than an unmolested turkey straight out of the oven.

Why not post a pic here???? I bet you guys have beauts!

stickman

Veteran Winemaker
Reaction score
Our turkey has been molested with butter. As long as there is no fire, I'll try to get a pic when it comes out of the oven later today.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine will be going on the Pit Boss K24 Kamado later this morning after a citrus/apple cider vinegar/herbed brining overnight. I plan on making up a basting solution of achiote paste and butter as well as some orange peel zest to boot on the bird. I will be using a pan in order to catch the drippings for gravy.............

Film at Eleven. :db

JohnT

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello. My name is John and I am a turk-a-holic......

Seriously. Nothing says "YUMMY" more than an unmolested turkey straight out of the oven.

Why not post a pic here???? I bet you guys have beauts!
I guess that this is my way of asking you folks to "flip me the bird". :)

ceeaton

Fifth year
Reaction score
Best thing about today, at least at our local Giant, is that the fresh turkeys are all on sale (frozen ones back up to original price). I got two hotel cut breasts for $.99 a lb. The larger 20 lb whole turkeys were $.49 per lb, might have to pick up one tomorrow morning, I think there is some room in the freezer. $10 for a 20 lb turkey is hard to beat, plus it's fresh and from the chain's "natural" product line (Nature's Promise I think it's called).

Latest posts