I always forget about this place - Walker's ships juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a great place. I only live an hour from and this last fall drove up on opening day. I bought 5 gallons each of Riesling, Merlot, and Isabella Blackberry. Next year planning on buying much more. They have a huge tap room of grape juice and you buy whatever you want and their hot packs are very will packaged.

They have a bunch of French hybrids I’d like to try out sometime, for a good price too. I’ve looked it up and they’re about a 300 mile round trip, 3 hours each way, drive from my house. I’ve thought about making a day out of going up there before, but I have never got around to it.

I would assume they ship just about anywhere. One call to the number on their website and I’m sure they’ll answer any questions you have. They also have all the juices they have made into wine so you can taste test before you buy. Pretty cool, I know I’ll be buying from them again this fall.

Last edited:
Their juice prices look quite reasonable. I’ll give them a call - I’m just far enough away that driving would be a dedicated trip, but if I’m in the area, I’d definitely stop by.

Has anyone had any experience with their reds? Are all those grown on-site? Seems like some are reasonable for the area, but Shiraz and Cabernet?

It's the shipping that makes you want to stop and think?
But it that's not an item of concern then their the best for my money.

I'll confirm this with them when I call, but I did a test run and it was about 25 bucks to ship a 5 gallon juice pack to me, so what, roughly a buck a bottle is added to the cost? Say what I want is a $70 5 gallon pack, that adds ~ 25% to the total cost...but we're still talking about raw materials under 5 bucks a bottle for a 5 gallon batch and I can't even drive to a grape supplier for under that shipping amount, especially not if you count in my time. Thanks for the heads up and the recommendations!

Latest posts

Back