I’ve neglected to introduce myself..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terryfirma

Reaction score
Hi , sorry I thought I posted- but maybe not.? I’m unused to a forum like this, still figuring it out..
I’ve googled and found these threads on many occasions. Your insights have been helpful, educational! Thank you!!!
I made my first batch of wine in 2009- after kombucha and fermenting and canning, etc. Pear wine:) it was very sweet, but aged well. I have one bottle left. I’ve played with lots of
“ farmhouse” wines, wild yeasts, etc. I like to utilize what I have and preserve things in every way. (I’m not interested in Kit wines-and, I try to not be judgmental. Haha...😜😂)
I have made Pear, Sour Cherry, Knotweed, Rhubarb, Dandelion, Beet, Pumpkin candy, Pomegranate Rhubarb, garden grape, wild Grape, Cherry Jam, Sumac, Mulberry, Cherry Leaf, Elderflower Apple, Elderflower, Tomato, Mint, Pomace - many batches over the years.
Sour Cherry, Mint, Garden Grape and Tomato have been my personal favorites.
I do small batches , up to 5 /6 gallons. Currently have 4 under airlock. My spouse does not like wine and can’t understand my obsession with it all.
So , I’m apologizing in advance if I get too chatty!;)

* we don’t age, we ferment.

Welcome from a fellow “country wine”, soon to be a snooty real wine, maker😉🤣. Really nobody here is snooty about it … much.

I noticed no beet wine… every Gardner should try it. It makes a great full bodied red.

Welcome from a fellow “country wine”, soon to be a snooty real wine, maker😉🤣. Really nobody here is snooty about it … much.

I noticed no beet wine… every Gardner should try it. It makes a great full bodied red.
Yep, I have Beet/ Fig/ clove in bottles aging. :) I think it will be nice. Thanks! I’m not sure if I’m Country or just Rogue!;) haha

Follow @BigDaveK, he likes to ferment anything he can get his hands on. I think you and he have a lot in common.
Haha!. I’ve already been chatting with Dave.! We have similar styles and wine interests.
I’m certain he’s more technical -and more enthusiastic in his wine pursuits than me . 😹

Hello and welcome. That's a pretty good number of wine varieties. Enjoy the forum and winemaking!

Back