Hydrogen cars hit Australian market

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To live in a black world, makes the entire world dark. To grow a green world, you have to dig a black hole somewhere....But that black hole is local, not global. So... the big picture. Yes, it matters. Who has to suffer in the black hole.... well that is another issue. Often not fair. Often unjust. Only we can make it more fair and just by being aware and willing to share that burden. So far the black world has been neither fair or just.
You're right, unfortunately. Perhaps some day it will be different.
There's very little coverage of the ecological disasters in countries where lithium, cobalt, graphite, aluminum, etc is mined for batteries. And they also don't mention that with current battery technology there isn't enough of those metals on the planet to give everyone an electric car. Oh, and those spent batteries are hazardous and can't simply be thrown away.
It's a crazy world.

You're right, unfortunately. Perhaps some day it will be different.
There's very little coverage of the ecological disasters in countries where lithium, cobalt, graphite, aluminum, etc is mined for batteries. And they also don't mention that with current battery technology there isn't enough of those metals on the planet to give everyone an electric car. Oh, and those spent batteries are hazardous and can't simply be thrown away.
It's a crazy world.

Good retort.

I have seen claims about resource limits on batteries. Not sure it true or not. But I do know materials to make chemical batteries will make a new geopolitics. Which can be very dangerous. That is to me a larger concern.

Thus, and personally I prefer non-chemical batteries. Such as:

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2021/06/21/concrete-flywheel-storage-system-for-residential-pv/
But those will not power an aircraft.

Personally, I have a bike and trailer. I can haul up to 30 kg (but far more by volume**). For all else above that mass, I hire a ICE lorry (to my shame). :(

** 230 Liter open bin 2021-09-07 16.27.34.jpg

Last edited:
Hemp was de=scheduled (legalized) in the farm bill three years ago. Where are all these amazing products we were promised? Farmers tried to grow crops but learned that it takes specialized equipment and a lot of extra care. There aren't herbicides and pesticides developed for the crop. Male and female plants develop differently. Finally, the finished raw product is of so little value that even shipping it moderate distances removes any value as a commercial crop.

Maybe someday the market will mature but three years in and it's still a novelty. But hey, have another toke and keep telling us about how big oil is suppressing the cars that run on water.

Hemp was de=scheduled (legalized) in the farm bill three years ago. Where are all these amazing products we were promised? Farmers tried to grow crops but learned that it takes specialized equipment and a lot of extra care. There aren't herbicides and pesticides developed for the crop. Male and female plants develop differently. Finally, the finished raw product is of so little value that even shipping it moderate distances removes any value as a commercial crop.

You are absolutely right and 2019 I saw "raw" hemp nose dive to an all time low. Dozens of hemp farmers lost big money .... including my family. Even as CBD oil with the finest of quality raw hemp it was almost worthless with everyone's hand out to take a cut.

Last edited:

Maybe someday the market will mature but three years in and it's still a novelty. But hey, have another toke and keep telling us about how big oil is suppressing the cars that run on water.

No sources..... Yet. Care to give some independent sources for above? I maintain an open mind, but I would like to see sources, so I can decide if based on fact or just big talk.... :)

Side note: The most pest problems with growing cannabis is the same with most plants: Spider mites, aphids and similar. And believe it or not the same solutions can be applied to cannabis as to any garden crops. Really, your comment is silly. Do you grow cannabis? Much less even have a garden? For example, the fact the plants are diecious is irrelevant unless you want to make seeds (or "buds" for the drug quality). If you grow them for hemp, to make rope or paper for example, the buds are not important. There are also monoecious cultivars. Seriously.... take a course in basic botany before making such silly generic comments.

Edit: Markets for hemp is currently indeed low, providing a link below. To be fair. But all that other ... cough... commentary about botany issues I still would like to see some actual facts about. I could not find any myself.... yet. Awaiting the OP to "enlighten" me....

https://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/pub-details/?pubid=41757

Last edited:
When all else fails attack the messenger. Peace.
He was asking you to validate your statement with source information. That is far from an attack.

Unless, of course, it was just opinion. Then, one might feel threatened...

I like how he linked to where he got his information. 😎

Back