Hydrochloric Acid, 0.01 N, Solution

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idiggy

Junior Winemaker
Reaction score
Hello
Has anyone tried making their own solution for measuring s02 . I cant seem to find anyone selling this Hydrochloric Acid, 0.01 N, Solution in my area . but i found this online.
For 100 mL flask, the expression will have values:

m = 0.01*0.1*40.07 = 0.04007 g.

To make a 0.01 M solution of NaOH, you need dissolve 0.04007 grams of NaOH in 100 mL of water.

When I worked in QA we made our own NaOH for titrations. The solution was close but was never exactly on the mark. It was standard procedure to titrate this against potassium acid phalate and simply use the actual measured normality in the calculation. we had a three place analytical balance and sodium hydroxide pellets vary by several tenths of a gram. . . . it is extremely easy to do. . . . . one caution, dissolving NaOH is exothermic.
Creating a standard HCl would also be relatively easy. IF you were aiming for 0.01 I would do a serial dilution of 1:100 followed by a second dilution of 1:100. There should be a standard AOAC methods base.
Hello
Has anyone tried making their own solution for measuring s02 . I cant seem to find anyone selling this Hydrochloric Acid, 0.01 N, Solution in my area . but i found this online.
For 100 mL flask, the expression will have values:

m = 0.01*0.1*40.07 = 0.04007 g.

To make a 0.01 M solution of NaOH, you need dissolve 0.04007 grams of NaOH in 100 mL of water.

Latest posts

Back