Hunters Beware

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to the point I enjoyed shooting more than hunting. Now that I can't do either, I miss both of them very much.
I had more fun shooting dove on the wing or even target practicing with a black powder muzzle loader.
But back when I was young and dumb,, hunting was something that fit right in with country living.

I got to the point I enjoyed shooting more than hunting. Now that I can't do either, I miss both of them very much.
I had more fun shooting dove on the wing or even target practicing with a black powder muzzle loader.
But back when I was young and dumb,, hunting was something that fit right in with country living.

yes, it is a way of life, especially when you were raised on it...but i find it rewarding in many ways. not only do we provide meals for the family, but we share time together, experience mother nature in ALL her forms, not just the pretty ones, and again, the self-sufficiency aspect makes me be able to watch the news and think..."what the hell, i can live without...stores, cars, etc, if i have too".
dove season will be coming up in a little over a month here in west kentucky. it'll be hot, but i'll be out in the field with my youngest uncle, son and a cousin, our best little dog (she looks just like my avatar), some cold beverage and we'll shoot not only doves but alot of sh*t, too, and we'll have a blast! i think i'll slip some cold wine in on the guys...i'll let you know how it goes, lol

i've been hunting and fishing all my life. nothing wrong with it. in fact, it's the best way to keep populations in check. without deer hunters, there would be more deer getting hit on the road. now that's a nasty way to go, not to mention the danger for humans.

it's the hunters that aren't safe, shoot waaay over thier limit and kill to leave lay that give good hunters a bad rap. there are bad apples in every tree, but doesn't mean the tree will make bad wine! lol

there are bad apples in every tree, but doesn't mean the tree will make bad wine! lol

great way to put it midwest! too hot over there in MO, too??:m
i'll pray for it to rain on ya'll first, if you pray for it to come our way when you're done with it, lol.

Last year some Amish brothers went hunting with their dog. When they were finished they put the "loaded" rifle in the buggy and started home. Sometime on the way the dog jumped up and as it came down it's paw landed on the trigger setting it off. It hit the one brother. Not fatally I think.

Here's Your Sign!:)

Doesn't sound like a true hunting dog.

A true hunting dog would have took care of business with the first shot.

I learned a long time ago, if you cant take it in the first shot, maybe you shouldn't be pulling the trigger!

I feel the same about a campfire.

My Dad taught me a long time ago, "How many matches does it take to start a fire?"

It had beter be one, because that may be all you have.

Latest posts

Back