HUM

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...America, nobody needs to die." says Dr. Stella Immanuel

This says it all!

Very poor choice of words, and for a "Dr." that is a very very bad thing.

We humans think in and with words, if one can not clearly speak one probably can not cogently think! I'm guessing she means nobody needs to die of Covid but one should never ever have to guess what a Doctor means.

"come on man!"

Totally and absolutely. I had read this article on a few sites recently. Basically, the authors of a report on the use of Ivermectin to help with Covid19 just pulled it from publication, Basically the results seemed to have no relationship to the raw data.
https://www.theguardian.com/science...vid-treatment-withdrawn-over-ethical-concerns

I raise cattle, and ivermectin is a common dewormer and fly suppressant for use in them. I had a HELLUVA time down here in the South finding any locally for awhile. People were going to farm supply stores and just buying them out. Now, if there was an anti-viral component to ivermectin, you'd think the drug companies, who have been using the stuff in humans and animals since 1975, would have discovered it long ago.

"...America, nobody needs to die." says Dr. Stella Immanuel

This says it all!

Very poor choice of words, and for a "Dr." that is a very very bad thing.

We humans think in and with words, if one can not clearly speak one probably can not cogently think! I'm guessing she means nobody needs to die of Covid but one should never ever have to guess what a Doctor means.

"come on man!"

Well, she has a point. If 80% of the population was VACCINATED, hardly anyone would die. That is science. But are she and her ilk helping in that effort? Hell no. But maybe that's for the best...

>>> Five years ago, she alleged that alien DNA was being used in medical treatments, and that scientists were cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious.

Some of her other claims include blaming medical conditions on witches and demons - a common enough belief among some evangelical Christians - though she says they have sex with people in a dream world.

"They turn into a woman and then they sleep with the man and collect his sperm… then they turn into the man and they sleep with a man and deposit the sperm and reproduce more of themselves," she said during a sermon in 2013.

Another issue that Dr Immanuel targets is gay marriage, saying it can result in adults marrying children, according to the Daily Beast.
She also offers a prayer to remove a generational curse, originally received from an ancestor, but transmitted through placenta, the news website's profile of her says. <<<

Source: bbc.com

See, I give a source - where are hers? :)

My point in my post above,#5, was that one should never have to guess or assume what a medical doctor is saying. Her sentence I quoted, on its face, implies she has found the secret to immortality. A rational thinker knows that is not possible so it leaves one to have to guess she left out “from Covid” at the end of that sentence.

Many people use Ivermectin too, for their dogs! It is the active ingredient in many if not most heart worm meds.

Without in any way supporting this particular quack, I can tell you that the antiviral properties of ivermectin have been studied for a number of years. There are valid in-vitro studies with data to indicate its potential effectiveness against RNA viruses - and they are not at all to the prime-time stage of actual use in humans for this purpose. First came to my attention with West Nile Virus years ago (both scientific properties and the quacks extrapolating too much from them). Now, a quick google scholar search shows the results almost 100% around COVID studies. No surprise.
For more reading - Google scholar: Antiviral Ivermectin

Ground yourself in the science - what it says and what it DOESN"T say, as opposed to media.

Not only as opposed to media, but as opposed to various leaders, charlatans and quacks who have come forward with outlandish claims. Or who have intentionally held back on supplying vitally needed, valid information to serve their own goals. These are the people who are killing folks, as surely as if they had fired a gun.

Without in any way supporting this particular quack, I can tell you that the antiviral properties of ivermectin have been studied for a number of years. There are valid in-vitro studies with data to indicate its potential effectiveness against RNA viruses - and they are not at all to the prime-time stage of actual use in humans for this purpose. First came to my attention with West Nile Virus years ago (both scientific properties and the quacks extrapolating too much from them). Now, a quick google scholar search shows the results almost 100% around COVID studies. No surprise.
For more reading - Google scholar: Antiviral Ivermectin

Key words: in vitro. For those unfamiliar that means in a test tube. Pouring gasoline into a test tube will destroy viruses, too. Ready for your shot of high octane? Let's not mislead; let's be scientifically valid about what actually works in the body. Ivermectin has been in use since the 1970s, and if it had in vivio (in body) efficacy, we'd know about it. But the scientific truth of the matter is, in vivio, it has not been scientifically shown to be effective. Had it been, after around 50 years of continuous use, we'd know that and it would be used. There are literally millions of compounds that work in vitro against viruses. The question is, do they work in the body? Most do not.

Anecdotally, millions of cattle (to say nothing of sheep, pigs and goats) are seasonally treated with ivermectin as an anti-helminthic annually across the globe. It is extremely common in agricultural use. Yet, for example, these same cattle can still get ill and die of bovine viral diarrhea (BVD). So they are vaccinated against it, blackleg and other viral diseases. I have poured lots of the topical ivermectin formula on my hands over 31 years treating cattle as a cattleman. So, I am sure I don't have worms. Yet I remain vulnerable to colds and the flu. So I get vaccinated for what I can help to prevent.

Latest posts

Back