Howdy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinCF

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm the admin over on CoffeeForum and Tom invited me over to take a look. It was sometime ago and I hope I'm still welcome. I've never tried to make my own wine but I'm going to start digging around and see what I can accomplish with what ever I have. I told my wife I was checking out WineMakingTalk and she said oh goody. So maybe this will turn into a hobby I can share with her. One could only hope right?

You re absolutely welcome here, what kinds of wine do you or your wife like?

welcome AustinCF!!! its a great hobby to get into together!!! hope u start n hope u have fun!

Hi all,
I'm the admin over on CoffeeForum and Tom invited me over to take a look. It was sometime ago and I hope I'm still welcome. I've never tried to make my own wine but I'm going to start digging around and see what I can accomplish with what ever I have. I told my wife I was checking out WineMakingTalk and she said oh goody. So maybe this will turn into a hobby I can share with her. One could only hope right?
Welcome Austin,
Glad you took me up on checking us out.
Now, what kind of wine you like? We can get you started.... :dg

Hey, if your wife says, "oh, goody", that is a great start, believe me.

Welcome!

Beware! Once you enter this site you won't want to leave.

Welcome and great to have another future wine maker here. Help is only a question away.

Not something that happens often to you Tom?

hehehe

and hello Austin.. welcome to the madhouse!

Allie:p

LOL!
It will be 41 years married this year. and NO I dont get to many GREEN lights. Only when WINE is the topic.

Howdy back at ya Austin. If you and/or the wife enjoy wine, once you make it yourself you will be hooked indeed! Lots of fun and lots rewarding, and it may seem at first to be real complicated, but for the most part it is actually pretty simple. Look forward to you both taking the step into making your own. Everyone in here is more than happy to help you and the wife along the way.

Mike, I like my alcohol, but I sure like a good , did I say GOOD cup of coffe also.

I just don't see myself making 3000 posts on a cofee forum.

There is no question however a decent cup of coffee is just as deserving as a good shot of whiskey.

I can REALLY APPRECIATE a good cup of joe. My buddy just gave me one of those coffe pots that grinds the beans and brews it for you on a timer, so when you wake you have a wonderful cup of "kick you in the a$$" to get you going.

Haven't bought any beans yet but am looking forward to trying it out.

You re absolutely welcome here, what kinds of wine do you or your wife like?

Honestly the wife and I started drinking a few wines not to long ago. I think we both prefer white and sweet. We haven't moved into any of the high dollar stuff yet so we are just bumming around whatever the local grocer has. Any suggestions? I need to know where to start also. TxBrew is big in to beer brewing and he was showing me some of his brewing stuff. Seems like this could get pretty complex.

Start out with a white wine kit. A riesling, or even a niagara. Niagara is sweeter than a riesling.

Latest posts

Back