Howdy y'all

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petermtx

Junior
Reaction score
Newbie to the boards and to Wine Making

Love Drinking wine and beer been curious to home brewing / wine making for a while and have taken the plunge.

Have my first set up and started a batch Selction Chardonnay which has been moved to the secondary fermentor, now beginning to wonder what to try next.

Definately thinking a red.

When I first joined this forumn I tried to read every existing thread and at first it seemed overwhelming. But there is some great info in here and everyone here is willing to help. When you post a question try to give as much info as possible, type, yeast used, temp, SG etc. It's a big help in the "seniors" and the rest of us gathering around to answer your questions. Remeber, patience and sterilization are the two most important ingredients.
Troy

Welcome Peter. Selection Chardonnay should be a good choice. But um which Selection Chardonnay? I believe that there are 3 or 4. (At least you didn't say Winexpert Chardonnay.) Could be just the original Selection Chardonnay, I guess. Try to let some of it age a few months before drinking.

A first red? Since you have access to Winexpert kits, I'll stick with them. You may wish to drop down to a Vintners Reserve World Vineyards, as reds like (need?) more aging than whites. I'd suggest choosing a variety that you like, ie Merlot or Shiraz. If you still are having problems, I'd suggest the Trinity Red. Although I have not tried it, I hear a lot of good comments.

Steve

cp fan has given you some good advice there, I would like to add to the early drinker if you can affordit to get a high end kit also to make right after that and let that 1 age while you drink these 2 early drinkers.

hey there petermtx. welcome. new here as well. very helpful people in this forum.

Welcome Peter. Selection Chardonnay should be a good choice. But um which Selection Chardonnay? I believe that there are 3 or 4. (At least you didn't say Winexpert Chardonnay.) Could be just the original Selection Chardonnay, I guess. Try to let some of it age a few months before drinking.

A first red? Since you have access to Winexpert kits, I'll stick with them. You may wish to drop down to a Vintners Reserve World Vineyards, as reds like (need?) more aging than whites. I'd suggest choosing a variety that you like, ie Merlot or Shiraz. If you still are having problems, I'd suggest the Trinity Red. Although I have not tried it, I hear a lot of good comments.

Steve

Thanks, I'l have to double check for the exact Kit it it.

Back