Howdy from the Texas Gulf Coast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talltexan394e

Junior
Reaction score
Stumbled upon this group earlier today and hope to get lot's of good advice. My introduction into wine making has been with figs as I have seven fig trees of different varieties. Have 12 gallons in various stages of finishing now and all taste dandy, although a bit sweet and more of desert wine with alcohol content of 15%, 25% and last one around 12%. Next up, After a recent trip to West Texas, have about 6 gallons of prickly pear fruit/pulp and 4 pounds of wild persimmon/pulp all in the freezer and hoping someone has a good recipe to try with them. Today by my office, I stumbled upon a mass of Mexican Plum trees and was told I could have all the fruit I want, so they will be made into pulp for wine as well. So...if anyone has some good wild fruit recipes they have had success with I would like to read them. Also hoping I can somehow make some wild fruit wines not overly sweet if it's possible. Thanks for responding if you have any wisdom you can impart.

Welcome

Stumbled upon this group earlier today and hope to get lot's of good advice. My introduction into wine making has been with figs as I have seven fig trees of different varieties. Have 12 gallons in various stages of finishing now and all taste dandy, although a bit sweet and more of desert wine with alcohol content of 15%, 25% and last one around 12%. Next up, After a recent trip to West Texas, have about 6 gallons of prickly pear fruit/pulp and 4 pounds of wild persimmon/pulp all in the freezer and hoping someone has a good recipe to try with them. Today by my office, I stumbled upon a mass of Mexican Plum trees and was told I could have all the fruit I want, so they will be made into pulp for wine as well. So...if anyone has some good wild fruit recipes they have had success with I would like to read them. Also hoping I can somehow make some wild fruit wines not overly sweet if it's possible. Thanks for responding if you have any wisdom you can impart.

Welcome to Winemaking Talk Forum Talltexan394e,

I'm from Southeast Texas.

There are a lot of great folks and helpful information information on this forum.

With Mexican Plumbs, Peptic Enzyme will be you friend.

As Fruit Wine sweetness is concerned, ferment dry and back sweeten as you like it.

Enjoy

Welcome to WMT, I think you'll be sharing a lot of your experience with us as most of the folks here have not made any of that fruit.Hopefully for those who have, they'll join in and share what they did and their out come.

Latest posts

Back