Howdy from the HumDrum state of IL

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

JeffA

Junior
Reaction score
Cheers all. I'm new here but not real new at wine making. I've been making wines since 2010. It started with a challenge issued by my wife and daughter. The single grape vine we had in our yard was usually used to make grape jelly. I really really don't like grape jelly. One day when I told my wife and daughter I wish I knew what else to do with the grapes. They said I could make wine with them but it was too bad that would never happen since I didn't know how. Well, in all honesty that first batch was not drinkable and went down the drain. Today I admit I am no where near perfect at it but I would like to say I'm not bad anymore. 🍎🍇🍓🍑🍒

Rice_Guy

Reaction score
Welcome to WMT from a currently northern neighbor. Had lived in Illinois for two jobs, school and divorce, which end of the state?

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to wmt

JustJoe

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to WMT. Nice work! My first batch went down the drain also but it took me thirty years to try again.:slp

Khristyjeff

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome @JeffA. I'm in Northern Illinois. Yes Hum Drum. But winemaking hobby is a fantastic distraction from the craziness of our State. Looking forward to your future posts.

KCCam

Always Thirsty
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad you didn't find this forum before pouring that first batch down the drain. They have saved a lot of wine from a similar fate here.

Welcome!

Latest posts