Howdy, from Pleasanton, Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackKeller

Junior
Reaction score
I've been a member here since last April but haven't posted until recently. I can't promise I'll post much as I have a very busy schedule, but i'll try. Part of that schedule is that I've taken the email warning (that I probably won't answer your emails) off my website because I freed up an extra hour a day and now the email has reclaimed it. But I generally enjoy receiving email, just not email that contains 12 questions requiring a book chapter to answer or just one (real example) such as, "Can you tell me how I can turn some black grapes I bought into wine?" I've spent 20 years building a website and would hope one would search it before asking me general questions.

If you don't know me, that probably makes us even. But I do know quite a few of you by your handles from reading posts. Maybe we'll learn more about each other.

Jack Keller
Winemaking Home Page
Jack Keller's WineBlog
Winemaking With Jack Keller

Hey Jack,

Welcome to WMT!
Glad to have ya, even if it's only once in a blue; life happens.

You're definitely well known around these parts
Hope we can entice you into sticking around lol

Hi.

It's lovely to have you here!

(I typed and retyped responses for the last 10 minutes. Everything else I said sounded like a fangirl at a Comic Con convention and made me absolutely cringe to read)

Welcome, Jack! I am glad you made an introductory page. Obviously, you are already "known" to a great number of us. I hope you do manage to spend some time on this forum.

By the way, how do you make wine from store-bought black grapes, anyway? ;)

Welcome Jack! I have visited your website often. Thank you for the time you have spent in creating that website to help me learn and understand better the process of creating a good wine.

Looking for new material for WMM:) Good to have another country wine voice here, and a big one. WVMJ

Hi Jack,

Welcome to winemakingtalk

Welcome to the forum!

I've already used information you've written, found on the web, to help me in this 2 year old wine making hobby of mine. Thanks.

Thanks Jack !!
I always will scout for answers first and it usually starts by your website first !

Welcome to you as you emerge from the shadows to let the folks here know you are real and not just a myth. You have helped thousands of newcomers to the world of home winemaking and plenty of seasoned veterans I am sure.

Hi.

It's lovely to have you here!

(I typed and retyped responses for the last 10 minutes. Everything else I said sounded like a fangirl at a Comic Con convention and made me absolutely cringe to read)

That's how I felt with his interview. I think had he known what super fans we all are of his work it would of been weird.

A stated many times over, my love of weird wines starts with Jack Keller. Usually ends there too. His quote

you can make wine from anything both fermentable and non-toxic

is a quote to live by.

Howdy Jack,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for helping when I was starting out. You don't know you did, but I used a lot of your information. Arne.

Thank you for joining in. Like many others here, your's was one of the first sites I found when getting interested in wine making. Your explanations of the processes and your recipes made the whole idea of winemaking feel a lot less intimating and worth giving a try.
Welcome
Mike

I remember reading your webpages before making my first kit. I still messed up though. But, it taught me enough to realize my mistakes.

Welcome Jack! Great to have you as part of our little site!

I've had your site bookmarked on my computer for nearly 3 years, and always hit you up for advice - especially on my flower wines.

Hope to see you around,
Ray

I thank you all for your warm welcomes. I love hanging around, but have too many deadlines, commitments and travels to really hang around regularly and never long enough to read all the posts I'd like to read.

I've read many threads I wanted to jump into but know from participation in other forums that when I post a reply I usually get several direct questions which I'm not there to answer. That gives an appearance of being inconsiderate. I'd rather not post than create the wrong impression. But I've placed WineMakingTalk on my rotational forum list, so you'll see me again.

Hi Jack, so glad you joined us. I have been a fan since I started winemaking in 2013. I currently have several of your recipes in bottles.
If and when you get a spare min, try searching Wine of the Month threads. Many of is here have used and posted our progress from your wines. Some with pictures. Here is a link to the first month in November 2013.

November 2013 Wine of the month

I would love to know if you have any contacts for fresh grapes in the San Antonio or Corpus area. Seems Texas isn't all that grape friendly.

Edit, nevermind. just saw the direct question post. lol

Latest posts

Back