Howdy, from Pleasanton, Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excerpts:
If and when you get a spare min, try searching Wine of the Month threads. Many of is here have used and posted our progress from your wines. Some with pictures. Here is a link to the first month in November 2013.

November 2013 Wine of the month

I would love to know if you have any contacts for fresh grapes in the San Antonio or Corpus area. Seems Texas isn't all that grape friendly.

Lori,

I like the Wine of the Month idea. Thanks for the link and topic. Great pictures!

Aransas Pass is not that far away from San Antonio, so I would recommend you consider joining the San Antonio Regional Wine Guild. We usually meet the third Sunday each month (exceptions: no meeting in November as that conflicts with Thanksgiving, and our Christmas Party is usually the first Sunday in December). We usually have two competitions a year (April and October). We have members from Victoria to Del Rio, and even Oklahoma, Louisiana and South Carolina. Our next meeting is February 15, 2015 in San Antonio. The March meeting is at my house in Pleasanton. Some members pool resources every Fall to buy grapes from commercial growers. Send me a PM if interested.

Thank you Jack. The wine club sounds pretty active. Although I can't make the February meeting but I may be able to do March. Hope to see you then.

Back