Quantcast

How would you make a blackberry Skeeter Pee

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

olusteebus

Reaction score
Would you get a few pounds of fresh blackberry and ferment them in the SP? How about using Jam? Finally, how is it if you made it?

Arne

Reaction score
I used the lees from a batch of blackberry. Everything that was left when I siphoned to the secondary. Just started the s.p. on top of the lees and didn't have to clean out the primary first. Gives a light blackberry taste to the s.p. If you would like more blackberry flavor I would probably add fresh blackberries like you suggested. If you have the extra jam and swmbo doesn't object you could probably use that instead. Good luck with it, Arne.

crooked cork

Reaction score
I just made Blackcherry SP . I a gallon of Skeeter pee added one and a half cups of sugar and one package of black cherry Kool-Aid mixed it up left it sit for a couple of days till it all Blended together fabulous sweet flavor. Bih hit with the non-wine drinkers.

olusteebus

Reaction score
I am considering using blackberry jam for backsweetening. I need to do some more research on that. What I have is actually Daves Dragon Blood.

wildhair

Reaction score
Test it out on a gallon - be sure to tell us how it works. I have loads o black raspberry jam I've made. Be a good way to use up the older jars.

Heap64

Junior
Reaction score
I recently finished making my second 6 gallon batch of skeeter pee, my son asked for some raspberry skeeter pee. I happened to have 2 bottles of Island Mist Black Raspberry Merlot left and tried mixing it in. Tasted so great that I used both bottles of Black Raspberry to 3 gallons of the skeeter pee and we have a new family favorite. Now to name it. Its unofficial name is my bloody skeeter pee.

Latest posts