how to proceed from here...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
now that my kit is in the waiting part, i'd like to start a second wine from fruit. my question is this...i could do peach, or blueberry, or blackberry. i thought about a blueberry/blackberry but after internet research i wonder if i should do these together or do them seperately and then blend? what has been your experiences?

Its better to blend pater as trying to get the perfect ratio up front is near impossible as one is always much stronger then the other and will hide te weaker one.

When I make wine from juice I prefer to do them separately for blending purposes. This way you can experiment with the ratios of the finished wine to get the exact taste you are looking for.

thank you! i'm picking blackberries daily, so i know i will have plenty of those. also, a friend has some frozen PA blueberries she picked when last at home visiting family. (she's originally from PA) of course, peaches are coming in, so i have to make a decision...or...buy more equipment:slp

Buy more equipment, thats a no brainer! Dan, I may not know how to type but your ugly and I can learn how to type! :sm

Buy more equipment, thats a no brainer! Dan, I may not know how to type but your ugly and I can learn how to type! :sm

ROFLMAO, I love it when you talk dirty to me

ugly-man.jpg

got the blueberries crushed in the primary. was pleasantly surprised at the bag i ordered. it was a very nice size for my primary and the amount of blueberries i have started with. have added water and sugar and waiting for room temp. wish me luck on my first ever truly homemade wine. my husband and son have bet 10$ it won't taste good:(
i told them if it was good they couldn't have any...:w

How did you find a photo of my Uncle Magellan??
That is exactly how he looked every time he had a case of old milwalkie under his belt and was about to drive home pee'd off. The last words he would utter before he left the chicken on the grill to burn was "the H**l with it!"

Latest posts

Back