How to make an f-pac

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

PCharles

Reaction score
f-pac for Scuppernog

I'd like to add an f-pac to 5 gallons of scuppernog and would like to check on the process. The pH of the wine is 3.3 with an SG of 1.000. The wine is currently very clear. I degassed the wine with my vacume pump. There was very little gas... slow release of small bubbles. I just added a shade under 1/4 tsp of k-meta followed by 1.25 tsp of k-sorbate. I plan to let the wine sit for two weeks before adding my f-pac.

Yesterday I was able to get out and pick another gallon of a mix of scuppernog and muscadine grapes. They were nice and ripe for sure. I have them in the freezer now. I would have picked another gallon, but was in a hurry. I expect to pick another gallon next week. It's my plan to crush these grapes and simmer them down. Strain out skins, seeds, ect, and continue to simmer to a syrup. I'll add this to my wine followed by additional pectin. I'll let this sit for a month or so. I expect I'll have to rack several times. In another month I figure I will be ready to add clearing agent.

I may add a bit of sugar, add one last 1/4 tsp of k-meta, then bottle.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

mark54

Junior
Reaction score
When making a Fpack how much pectic enzym should I use? I'm making one for 3gal of peach and one for 3gal of blackberry. Thanks!

Sammyk

Reaction score
I saw a jam fruit pack mentioned but can not find anything in search. Does anyone know how to use jam to make an fpak?

Neeshac

Reaction score
Why not use a good quality extract and sugar to back sweeten and flavor?

Reaction score
If you make the fpak when you start your wine how do you store fpak while wine ferments?

Reaction score
I read several different instructions to make but doesn't say how to store, most looked like they were making right before adding but I wanted to use leftover juice to make it ahead of time

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Mary, I have had success in making the FPACs and freezing them until ready to use. Thaw them completely before adding to wine. If you are using leftover juice, I suggest hitting it with Potassium Metabisulfite before freezing.

Last edited:

Latest posts