How to keep dandelions until I'm ready to cut the petals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildSeedGrrrl

Reaction score
So a good friend has an organinc vineyard and tons of dandelions which I can pick as much as I want. The problem is I get them picked but by the time we get home I'm too exhausted to start in on the petal-cutting. i would like to just throw them into the freezer and come back to them another day.

Have others done that and if so what's your process? Also by the time I get home the heads are closed up. i press them in my fingers to ind of spread them out and then cut as much of the yellow as i can. I'm getting some of the discolored outer petals but none of the green. How will that effect the over all flavor?

Oh and it's good to be back on the forum again.

First, welcome back!

Second, I have heard that it is fine. Let's hope because i had the kids pick about 1-2 gallons of heads when we were in Moundville Archeological Park, as they do not use pesticides in the campground.
Hopefully someone with more experience than i will come along and answer this for us. LOL.

I have also heard from several people that have made dandelion wine that the head are fine, just no stems. Maybe someone who has gone both roads could answer that, as well.

Girl!!!!!! OMG, say it isnt so! I have thought of you often. I wish the world has found you good each day and that you on your way to having all of your dreams come true!!!

How have you been? Are you teaching still?

Oh sorry, the answer to your question..not a clue.

So good to see you again.

HUGS!!!

You cansurely freeze them until raedy to do whatever you want with them. Glad to have you nack here on our forum.

Latest posts

Back