How to include/attach photos

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I remeber asking this before, but the memory part has forgot.

I know how to "attach" a photo but how do I do it so the photo itself shows up as part of the post without the virwer having to click on a "link" to open it.

Troy

Just sit there and dream a sip of that Red Clover wine,and it will come to you..Upper

Troy,
Up load the pix to YOUR album. Then you can attach the url to any message and there it is.

Photobucket is quick and easy to use Troy go with it. Then you paste the URL into the message and it "pops" up.

Okay, I remeber asking this before, but the memory part has forgot.

I know how to "attach" a photo but how do I do it so the photo itself shows up as part of the post without the virwer having to click on a "link" to open it.

Troy
In Advanced Mode, scroll down and you will find Manage Attachments. Click on that and it will give you a pop-up with several slots in it. At the top, click Browse and go to your picture file on your computer. Select and upload each picture. Each picture appears in a list below the Browse box. When you're done, close the pop-up window.
After they are uploaded, they will appear below the Manage Attachments area in Additional Options.
In your post, put your cursor where you want the first image to appear, and click on the icon in the top task bar that shows a paper clip. It will ask you which image you want to insert there.
Example:
1223MB10.JPG

Did you take that photo? Here's one I took:
View attachment 282
Great shot! No, that's not one of mine, I'm sorry to say, but this is (same shooting expedition). I just like his better, even if he did cheat. :p

(BTW: I see that 640x480 is about the perfect maximum size for uploading to a thread.)

Lightning I.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I rushed the post so I didn't bother resizing/cropping and such. That was a scan of a dirty cibacrome print ...

Nice shootin'!!

Yeah, I rushed the post so I didn't bother resizing/cropping and such. That was a scan of a dirty cibacrome print ...

Nice shootin'!!
I have a really cool shot from years ago, of a lightning strike on the Seattle Space Needle taken from across Elliot Bay. Too bad it's on a 35mm slide so I can't scan it.
We get some pretty wild lightning storms around here, and it bums me out that my digital camera doesn't have a time lapse setting.

Latest posts

Back