How to get rid off the sediment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kivanc

Reaction score
Hi,

I found that it has been formed a huge sediment in my cherry wine. What would I do? Should I get rid off this sediment?

sediment.jpg

Last edited:
It is half a bottle of sediment. It's bottled and it's 6 months old. This is a recycled bottle. I thought that I've squeezed out a substantial amount of pulp. On the other hand, it has got a substantial amount of alcohol: I had 12 bottles of cherry wine. I already consumed 10 bottles.

Last edited:
Was there that much stuff floating in there when you first bottled it?

No, there wasn't much stuff floating in the bottles when I first bottled them. But I must say that my bottled wines were cloudy.

How long did you wait before bottling? For that much to fall out of the wine would mean the wine had to either be very cloudy or some sort of chemical reaction took place to precipitate that much in one bottle.

I immediately bottled the wine when the fermentation is finished. Two of my bottles have the same amount of sediments.

Last edited:
No, there wasn't much stuff floating in the bottles when I first bottled them. But I must say that my bottled wines were cloudy.

I'm a little worried that you've had a re-ferment. But you'd probably have corks blowing out of bottles by now.

Latest posts

Back