How to bypass wall unit temperature sensor

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
I got my wall unit in my cellar and the lowest temp the ac will go to is 60 and, so far, It will only get the room down to about 66. It cycles a lot. I have an inkbird controller but I don't know how to bypass the internal sensor.

It is a new LG wall unit. Anyone have any ideas. Will I have to remove the unit to do it?

Thanks

Send me model number
You will need to jumper the contactor so unit runs continuously then
Plug th unit into the ink bird so it can control things.

I forgot also. It is a 8,000 btu. I found the sensor. It is right behind the filter. I guess I will just cut the wire and place the inkbird sensor on it.

LG LT0816CER 8,000 BTU Through-The-Wall Air Conditioner

So, do I just attach the inkbird sensor to the front evaperator coils.

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/small-wine-room-project.53667/page-2#post-612669

If your sensor is similar to mine, I would just take it off the coils and reroute it outside the wall if possible. That way it thinks it's always warm and your inkbird will be able to control the temp by cycling it on and off.

Thankss, lots of help there. My room will be similar.

However, reading your thread and Ibglowin's thread is somewhat upsetting to me. I paid 500 big ones for my AC! Oh well it is done. The interior is 7 x 12 with a 10 foot ceiling. Way more room than I need. Think I will get a seville rack myself.

That is what I did with my GE AC unit in my winery. Seems to work well and keeps my winery at 64F during the Summer here. That is good enough for me since 6 months of the year its between 55-60 all by itself!
https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/small-wine-room-project.53667/page-2#post-612669

If your sensor is similar to mine, I would just take it off the coils and reroute it outside the wall if possible. That way it thinks it's always warm and your inkbird will be able to control the temp by cycling it on and off.

In the winter hear in florida, I am hoping a little circulating oil heater will keep it warm. It is supposed to be 5,000 btu's. There will probably be times when I will need the ac on part of the day and the heater on part of the day. I will see. 044387071529.jpg

Thankss, lots of help there. My room will be similar.

However, reading your thread and Ibglowin's thread is somewhat upsetting to me. I paid 500 big ones for my AC! Oh well it is done. The interior is 7 x 12 with a 10 foot ceiling. Way more room than I need. Think I will get a seville rack myself.
That thread shows a coil temp sensor that he pulled off and put in a warmer place.
That tricks it into thinking its warmer than it is. As long as the unit restarts at set point each time it is powered up simply plug the unit into your thrid party controler.
This wont allow you to run the fan continuously but it doesnt seem to be an issue for others.
Keep in mind people whos equipment works well seldom call me.
High cfm per cooling ton is how manufacturers of equipmemt built for this purpose deal with humidity and coil icing.
Personally I would prefer to wire the ac compressor contactor to the ink bird and have the fan run on high 24/7, but im comfortable doing that sort of thing.

Waiting for service info from lg for detailed control info

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-28-11-03-49-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-28-11-03-49-1.png
    377.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2018-04-28-11-03-21-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-28-11-03-21-1.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 41
I found mine and let it hang out the side. Have not tried it yet as I have no wine in the room.

Will have to wait till monday and use a distributor to get controls info.
I guess I don't have the updated password.
Moving the sensor will probably work fine but now im curious what it will take to retro fit these, to work the way I want, for this purpose.

My temperature gets down to about 64. The inkbird probe is on the floor. I will move it higher next time I try it (don't have any wine in there now.).

The unit probe is hanging our the side of the unit. It does not seem to run long. It is on the energy saver mode and I can't get it off that. My thermometer is also near the floor. I will raise it.

Latest posts

Back