How to add body to fresh fruit blueberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coonbottom

Junior
Reaction score
My fresh fruit blueberry wine needs more body before bottling. Never had this problem before. Any ideas are appreciated. Will adding tannin help?

Adding glycerin or banana soup is a good way to add body. I added glycerin and some red grape concentrate to a batch of concord and that helped to add some body.

Glycerin will do just that but it will add just a little bit of sweetness to it also, not much though. You can get it at a store like CVS or a Brew shop, I personally would get it at a brew shop cause the instructions would be there and there are different grades of it. Looks like Rocketman was a faster typer! By the way, welcome to this forum!

I forgot about the sweetness part, but I was looking to add sweetness anyway.

My fresh fruit blueberry wine needs more body before bottling. Never had this problem before. Any ideas are appreciated. Will adding tannin help?
AS above is what I do. Did you make a f-pac? That too will add body.

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice and welcome. please explain banana soup and f-pac. I don't want it any sweeter.

Here is f-pac
How to make a F-PAC = FLAVOR PAC

Add 20-30% of #’s of fruit what was used in the primary (if you used 30# in recipe then you will need 6-9# more for the f-pac) in a large frying pan or pot. Simmer to extract all "flavor" and reduce the water from the fruit. Strain thru a kitchen strainer and add AFTER you rack and after the wine is DRY ( .990) You MUST have added k-meta and Sorbate before adding the f-pac. Once adding the f-pac you can add clearing agent. You will have to rack at least 2+ more times. Then
back sweeten to YOUR taste using simple syrup.

Tom

Home of the
MOON RIVER BREWERY
and
DELANCO VINEYARDS

Pretty much anything ou do at this point will add some sort of sweetness, the glycerin will add the least and probably not even noticable.

Back