Other How old is too old?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbird1

Reaction score
I'm interested in starting a rose kit for my wife and the only one I can find is the Sauvignon Blanc Rose kit from earlier this year. If I can get a good deal on it, would it be OK if I can start it in the next couple weeks?

Are Rose kits only LEs released in the spring? If so, does anyone know of any plans by any of the kit makers to have one this year?

Thanks!

I assume you mean from last year, 2016? So it is less than a year old, is that correct?

Yes. My brain apparently hasn't clicked over yet. Based on the thread for the kit, it looks like they were available starting mid-March. I imagine there is some lag time in there in getting them to stores, so they would likely be 10+ months old at this point, assuming it was a single production run (which I don't know is a reasonable assumption or not).

I agree with @wineforfun , if the kit is under a year old, it should be just fine. If you have a problem with it, the manufacturers typically do a really good job standing behind their products and replacing them. As for others that may be available, I would suspect that we'll see quite a few offered in the upcoming months............

Thanks.

I do see now the 2017 Passport Series Cabernet Sauvignon Rose, but it looks like I missed the boat on ordering it. Anyone have any leads on where I might be able to order one?

Thanks again.

The only site I can really find that offered pre-orders is FVW and they are showing out of stock, but that might be because the release date isn't until next month. If I can't get a good deal on the Sauvignon Blanc one, I'll check back then on the Cab Sauv one I guess.

Thanks again.

The only site I can really find that offered pre-orders is FVW and they are showing out of stock, but that might be because the release date isn't until next month. If I can't get a good deal on the Sauvignon Blanc one, I'll check back then on the Cab Sauv one I guess.

Call them and talk to them. He may shed some light on extras, overstock, etc.

How old is too old? Well, if she still has most of her teeth, don't need a walker, and wants to, I say go for it!

Oh wait....y'all are talking about wine kits. Sorry. My bad.

Thanks again.

Absolutely call them and ask!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm interested in starting a rose kit for my wife and the only one I can find is the Sauvignon Blanc Rose kit from earlier this year. If I can get a good deal on it, would it be OK if I can start it in the next couple weeks?

Are Rose kits only LEs released in the spring? If so, does anyone know of any plans by any of the kit makers to have one this year?

Thanks!

I made that kit as well as others here and it is darn good.
I'd not hesitate to buy regardless.

Thanks for all the responses. I'll give FVW a call and see what they say.

I emailed George and he said that they did order extra and that they will add any new orders to their preorder list and ship them in the order they are received. Even though it is listed as Out of Stock on the site, you can still place an order, which I'll probably do unless I find a good deal soon on the Sauvignon Blanc kit.

Latest posts

Back