How Much Wine Do You Drink?

Discussion in 'General Wine Making Forum' started by Donz, Oct 23, 2018.

Wine Making Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk by donating:

1. Nov 7, 2018 #61

Boatboy24

Boatboy24

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.

Well, what's better on Taco Tuesday than a Margarita?

Tinwakr likes this.
  2. Nov 7, 2018 #62

Countrygent

Countrygent

Countrygent

Junior

My wife has a glass of white wine most nights just before dinner. I often have a glass of red with dinner. Love making classic cocktails or having a nice scotch or bourbon while we make dinner, so the nights those make an appearance the wine bottle is often neglected, not because I wouldn’t love more wine but I just can’t tolerate too much alcohol without poor sleep and feeling a bit seedy the next day. I guess knocking back a bottle of Ripple or Thunderbird at a sitting just isn’t in the cards this time around.

Elizajean and tjgaul like this.
  3. Nov 9, 2018 #63

Wayne Freeman

Wayne Freeman

Wayne Freeman

Junior

Three 3-oz bistro glasses every evening, for both of us. Totals little bit over half a liter between us. I like to have one while we're cooking, and the next two with dinner. My wife takes a couple of sips while cooking, finishing that one and the next one with dinner, and the third one after. We're very consistent with that, except for holidays, when we bring out the much nicer wine glasses that encourage drinking more. And on New Year's, when we'll kill a couple of bottles between NYE and NY Day brunch. My everyday wine is low-alcohol, never higher thant 12%. I love wine and beer but do not like the feeling of intoxication that alcohol gives. That's what pot's for.

Tinwakr, sour_grapes and Elizajean like this.
  4. Nov 9, 2018 #64

Elizajean

Elizajean

Elizajean

Gaining experience one carboy at a time....

Pretty much what we consume. Tough to keep up the cellar with currently drinkable wines vs aging. Once in awhile I still buy commercial wines to ease the strain on my stash.