How Much Wine Do You Drink?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually drink 3/4 to a bottle a night always my own Ive made enough wine over the years to keep a steady pipeline going i haven't had to buy wine in many years and have a variety of different reds on hand and a beer or two with dinner never hurt either.

The wife and I drink a glass or two of red wine 4-5 days a week when it’s not 80 degrees out. If it’s hot I’ll drink white wine or beer, she doesn’t like either. We don’t drink nearly as much as I make. What really hits my wine supply is when we have parties, friends asking for it, and gifts.

I taste after the first 6 mos. Then after a full year has passed , then I know if age will enhance it's abbility to improve or not to send into competition. I may drink a couple of bottles a year.

I taste after the first 6 mos. Then after a full year has passed , then I know if age will enhance it's abbility to improve or not to send into competition. I may drink a couple of bottles a year.
Joe I am surprised, not in a good or bad way, just surprised that you only drink a couple of bottles a year.

I have never been a big drinker of any kind , dieabetes limits my wine intake . I have always enjoyed the process and the creative thought process.
Competition always drove me and the people around me have good palate's and brutally honest. Along with the fact I was in a great wine club.of whom most we're competition driven.
Tasting is enough for me. Thanks for asking.

We drink about a bottle a night with dinner and after. This means I must make enough wine to have an aging cellar and not have to buy wine unless I want to try a type before I make it. After two years, I now have enough good wine to drink more of my own, than buy. So, now I buy when I taste a wine I like, get a recommendation and then, plan on making it. So, given that, I'd like to make a white wine similar to Gruner Veltliner...any kit ideas?

We drink about a bottle a night with dinner and after. This means I must make enough wine to . . . . I'd like to make a white wine similar to Gruner Veltliner...any kit ideas?

We really like Gruner as well, but I have yet to find a kit in this varietal. If anyone has a recommendation there are at least 2 of us out here that would appreciate it.

The government allows me to make 100 gallons of wine a year per adult in our household. So I make 200 gallons for Johnna and I, mostly Dragon Blood, each year. That’s 1000 bottles. We drink a bottle each most nights. The rest either continues to age, gets drank at gatherings or gets given away.

my wife and I probably average one glass a day. But I think we have either defective glasses or defective bottles, since we only get 2 glasses of wine from any bottle of wine.

It's the bottles! They shrink after being washed a few times.
5006.gif

My wife and I drink wine almost every night. A bottle usually lasts the 2 of us 2 days. So each of us drinks about 1/4 bottle per night. Truthfully, I'm bigger and thirstier than she is, so my 1/4 bottle is probably bigger than her 1/4 bottle!

Latest posts

Back