How Much Wine Do You Drink?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 to 3 times a month. 1 glass to 1 bottle per setting, usually a couple glasses at dinner friday eves. Could go a month without though.
There are a couple events each year that turn the math on its ear as far as averages go.

We always discuss the science of wine making but rarely discuss how much we consume! Just curious, do you guys drink everyday? I do every evening... anywhere from half a bottle to a bottle.

That is close to my pattern. Depending on the meal, I usually crack a bottle shortly after starting cooking (my "cooking wine" :) ). Then a bit more with dinner.

2-3 glasses, 3-4 days per week.
What are some of your favorite wines to drink? Locally my favorite is Talley Vineyard, Syrah. And Wild Horse Merlot. I also like a lot of wines from Tablas Creek.

Sort of depends on the day the meal and the time. Easier to say two to three bottles a week. I love making it and I love to drink it.

We are highly variable. Sometimes it's total abstinence (not very often!), frequently it's a couple glasses before/with dinner, but on a semi-regular basis the couple glasses stretches out to a bottle or two. I think it would be easier to show more restraint if I was pulling corks on $15-$20 bottles. However, when the product in my own cellar is plentiful, runs between $2 & $6 per unit and tastes so darn good . . . it's hard to stop some nights. I chalk it up to extended quality control procedures. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

I feel better when I see others post a bottle a day.

I was averaging about half a bottle most evenings, but I've cut back since I started some intermittent fasting (36-hour fasts from Sun. eve to Tue. morning, and again from Tue. eve to Thu. morning, then generally a 24-hour fast Thu. eve to Fri. eve). I still usually enjoy a glass or two on non-fast days.

The fasting is mostly to lose some weight, but also to help protect against dementia (which my mom is in the late stages of, and which runs in my family). Evidence is mounting that regular fasting (coupled with sensible eating on most days) has a whole host of health benefits (cardiovascular disease, insulin regulation, neurological disease, etc.). As I get closer to my goal weight I plan to work my way down to one 24-hour fast per week, and likely enjoy a glass or two of wine on most evenings again.

I was averaging about half a bottle most evenings, but I've cut back since I started some intermittent fasting (36-hour fasts from Sun. eve to Tue. morning, and again from Tue. eve to Thu. morning, then generally a 24-hour fast Thu. eve to Fri. eve). I still usually enjoy a glass or two on non-fast days.

The fasting is mostly to lose some weight, but also to help protect against dementia (which my mom is in the late stages of, and which runs in my family). Evidence is mounting that regular fasting (coupled with sensible eating on most days) has a whole host of health benefits (cardiovascular disease, insulin regulation, neurological disease, etc.). As I get closer to my goal weight I plan to work my way down to one 24-hour fast per week, and likely enjoy a glass or two of wine on most evenings again.
You know that wine does help with cardiovascular and heart disease right, it dramatically lowers risk of heart issues.

Back