How much wine do you drink??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many glasses (6oz) of wine a week do you enjoy

• Total voters
My biggest problem is figuring out what wine goes with hot dogs?
smiley19.gif

My wife likes white wine with everything, I like the big reds but enjoy a good white with a meal every once an awhile.

I laughed so hard reading these post that I had to stop and dry my eyes. My wife and I drink a bottle per evening during the week and a couple of bottles on Saturday and a couple on Sunday. Is that too much?:dg

Doctor says I can have 6 to 8 oz a day so that is what I have. I only make the country wines. Do country wines qualify as a fruit a day if I have about 8 oz?

Well I dont drink wine all that often but when I do its usually 1-2 750ml servings. 6-12 beers daily. Do shots of blackberry brandy count?

Sometimes I'll overindulge and finish a bottle in a day. But normally its only a glass a night. I like to drink wine for the taste (or at least I keep telling myself that :))and not to get drunk on.

I make lots of wine so I cam drink lots of wine lol. I don't think it would be too many bottles to count but
I'm not going to count them. This way I can continue to tell my doctor that I drink moderately.

At my present job, they have an online health survey you are supposed to take every 30 days to improve your healthy habits. If you do not take it, then your insurance rate goes up.

When the survey gets to the "recommended alcohol consumption" portion, then outlines the daily recommendations, and then asks if I drink at or below the daily recommendations, I reply no.

It then asks if I intend to begin drinking at or below the daily recommendations in the next six months. I reply no.

It then replies: "You are still in the pre-contemplation stage for healthy alcohol consumption."

:)

It has been telling me this for 3 years, as long as the company has required it to be done.

Nope, I am not pre-contemplating anything! Where is the blank I can click for that??? :D

I quit smoking 5 years ago. I run 1-1/2 miles each morning, eat a healthy wholesome diet that does not often include preservative-laden restaurant foods, and watch my sugar and salt intakes. So I am not giving up having a few drinks!

We drink a bottle a day, 1 glass for the wife, 3 for me, [her idea] Sometimes we don't count so well on the weekends. We like our wine before dinner, sometimes before & a little after, but not with. Roy

A glass or two of red each weeknight or one beer if the meal warrants it. Weekends during the summer I'll have a beer or two during the day and one glass of wine with dinner ( unless we have friends over or are at a party, then it's a few more than that)

Long winter weekends I have been known to get Into multiple glasses of red. I blame the fireplace, the cat and cuddling with my kids!

I also try to follow the health recommendation of wine consumption. That 1-2 glasses of wine a night relaxes me, settles my stomach, and give my body important things to keep me health.

Interesting thing, though. I've recently been doing some crash dieting, eating less than 1000 calories a day. When that wine hits my empty stomach, I get the same "relaxation" out of 1/2 glass of wine as I do out of 2 glasses on a full stomach.

Dieters beware.
smiley2.gif

I have noticed this too. I try now to have a glass of wine before dinner. That way I drink less and also tend to eat less and slower.

Latest posts

Back