How much K-Meta after secondary

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

45cal4life

Junior
Reaction score
Working on a 5 gallon batch of SunCal White Zinfandell mixed with County Fair Peach. Last few days in the secondary the SG is ~.990 at a temp of 74 degrees. The so-called instructions don't say anything about adding K-Meta or Sorbate. Little bottle of Sorbrate says to add 1/2 teaspoon per gallon but how much K-Meta? Many thanks in advanced

You should add 1/4 teaspoon of k-meta per five gallon batch. 1/2 tsp of sorbate per gallon is correct. After this you would add 1/4 tsp every 3 months of k-meta while bulk aging.

You should add 1/4 teaspoon of k-meta per five gallon batch. 1/2 tsp of sorbate per gallon is correct. After this you would add 1/4 tsp every 3 months of k-meta while bulk aging.

I concur about the first half however I don't add any during bulk aging. Your prerogative.

Cool, thats what the search results said as well, but I couldn't find anything that said 1/4 per 5 gallons after the secondary. First batch I need everything spelled out for me, thanks again :db

Just out of curiosity, why dont you add any sulfite while bulk aging Steve? Do you have a sulfite tester as mine indicates that it is due right around the 4 month mark.

Latest posts

Back